Coach EducationCoaches are important in any sports system and coach education is an important area the BWF is focusing on.
To provide a ‘best practice’ Coach Education Framework and Coach Education Training Materials to support Members in the planning and delivery of coaching courses.
The BWF’s Vision is to ensure "Badminton is a Global Sport accessible to all"
- To have well-informed, educated and talented coaches throughout the Badminton System
- To ensure Coach Education remains a priority focus – to have high quality coaches having the ability to disseminate best practise of the sport to the players
- To provide a Coach Education system and resources for Members and Continental Confederations
- To Deliver High Level Coach Education courses
The BWF Coach Education Framework sits within the Development Strategy to ensure continuous growth of Badminton Coaches. It is tailored for Educators/Teachers and Badminton Coaches. For more information about the Coach Education Framework, click here.
The Coach Education system includes Training/Coaching materials which:
- are coach centred and competency based;
- provide a learner pathway for coaches to build skills and knowledge over time;
- cover the necessary core content at each level to build the knowledge and skill;
- offer a range of optional content and supplementary resources and activities at each level;
- integrate assessment tasks and activities to confirm coaches meet the required outcomes of the courses;
- provide a credential or certificate to recognize achievement on courses.
Coach Education Level 1
The BWF Coach Level 1 is the first of the four levels in the Coach Education framework. It is the most fundamental course for Badminton Coaches.
It is now readily available in English and Spanish – with other languages soon to be available.
The resources are:
- Coaches' Manual – a learner’s manual divided into 12 modules. This is the main learning resources emphasising the WHAT to Coach and HOW to Coach – the fundamentals of a Badminton Coach.
- Tutors’ Manual – for Coach Educators / Tutors delivering training courses at Level 1
- Video Clips – a comprehensive range of video clips, demonstrating fundamental physical, technical and tactical elements of badminton. These are to support coach education - physical elements / movement / strokes / tactics
For more information on Coach Level 1, click HERE
Coach Education Level 2
Released in December 2013, the BWF Coach Level 2 is an Advanced Coaching Award catered for Badminton Coaches interested to Plan and Deliver a one year training programme. It covers the What to Coach – and How to Coach – similar to
, but it explains in more detail of the Coaching Principles.
Currently available in English – soon to be available in Spanish, – we hope to translate them into other languages.
The resources are:
- Coaches’ Manual – the Learner’s Manual containing all the factual information to support coaches taking the BWF Level 2 course. It encompasses 11 modules – highlighting in more depth the HOW to Coach, WHEN to Coach and WHAT to Coach of a Badminton Coach.
- Tutors’ Manual – a Coach Educator/Tutors’ booklet for delivering the Level 2 course.
- Video Clips – supporting video clips, which gives a demonstration of the exercises covered in the Coaches Manual. It covers the technical, physical testing and the physical training aspects
For more information on Coach Level 2, click HERE
Have Questions?? Contact:
Mr. Apinder Shbharwal,
+91 9910335777, +91 9717335777
Follow us at www.facebook.com/badmintonindia to view more Photos of various Coach Education courses conducted worldwide