12. POWER AND DUTIES OF THE OFFICE-BEARERS
- President: The President shall be elected by the Council amongst its members and provided that only the outgoing office bearers or the member of the outgoing Executive Committee shall be eligible to contest the election for the post of President. He / she shall convene and preside over all the meetings of the Council and Executive Committee. In case of equality of votes, he / she shall have a casting vote. If, in the opinion of the President, an emergency has arisen which requires immediate action, he / she shall take such action as is deemed necessary and shall report the same at the next meeting of the Council or the Executive Committee, whichever in the ordinary course would have dealt with the matter.
- Senior Vice Presidents: The Executive Committee may appoint one Senior Vice President.
- Vice Presidents: The Vice Presidents, one from each zone, shall be elected from among the members of the Council. In the absence of the President, one of the Vice presidents shall be elected to the Chair and shall exercise all the powers of the President.
- Honorary General Secretary: The Hon. Gen. Secretary shall be elected by the council amongst its member and provided that only the outgoing office bearers or the members of the outgoing Executive Committee shall be eligible to contest the election for the post of Hon. Gen. Secretary. He / she shall carry on correspondence on behalf of the Association and give effect to the regulations of the Council and Executive Committee. He / she shall be responsible for the maintenance of other records or registers as well as the custody of all papers of the Association and for carrying out other duties that may be entrusted to him / her. He/she shall cause Minutes of the General Body (Council) and the Executive Committee Meeting of the Association to be correctly recorded and confirmed and kept including the reports of all Sub-Committee Meetings, shall convene the Council and Executive Committee Meetings whenever desired by the President, or atleast seven members of the Executive Committee for calling the Executive Committee Meeting with a notice of one month and shall prepare and submit an annual report on the activities of the Association to the Council, through the Executive Committee; shall represent the Association in any suit by or against it.
- Honorary Treasurer: The Honorary Treasurer shall be elected by the Council from among its members. He/ she shall exercise general supervision over the funds of the Association and advise the Executive Committee as regards its financial policy. He/ she shall collect all subscription due and donations payable to the Association and keep a regular account of receipts and disbursement. He/ she shall be responsible for all money disbursed and received by the Association from whatever sources derived, shall issue receipts from the same on the official form, he/ she shall also submit to the Executive Committee a statement of the receipts and expenditure, the balance-sheet as audited and the financial estimates. He/ she shall pay all bills certified by the Honorary Secretary.
- Honorary Joint Secretaries: The Honorary Joint Secretaries, at least one from each zone, shall be elected by the Council from among its members. They shall assist the Honorary General Secretary in the discharge of their duties and perform such other duties as may be entrusted to them from time to time by the Committee.
The Executive Committee, BAI may nominate and authorise any two of the Joint Secretaries so elected to assist the Honorary Treasurer in the discharge of his/her duties. Further, the Joint Secretaries so nominated shall also be authorised to perform the duties of the Honorary Treasurer in his / her absence, as may be entrusted to them from time-to-time by the Executive Committee.